Fantasy Sports Law
Professor Edelman’s fantasy sports client base is extensive. It includes the parent company for one of the nation’s largest high-stakes fantasy football contests, web developers of fantasy sports games, providers of full-season and short duration fantasy sports contests, potential equity investors, and fantasy sports business partners.
Some of the services Professor Edelman regularly provides to his fantasy sports clients include the following:
- Advising fantasy sports providers on federal and state gaming law issues related to full-season and short-duration fantasy sports contests.
- Advising private equity firms and individual investors on legal risks associated with investing in existing fantasy sports businesses.
- Advising brands on how to use fantasy sports contests legally and effectively to drive user traffic to their websites.
- Drafting game rules, terms of service, and privacy policies.
- Negotiating contracts between fantasy sports businesses and their website designers, statistics providers, endorsers, and other business partners.
- Negotiating partnership, joint venture, and buyout agreements for early generation fantasy sports businesses.
- Advising fantasy sports businesses on all intellectual property issues.
- Fantasy sports website review